What is NMAT?
NMAT 2021 or NMAT by GMAC 2021 is an MBA entrance test conducted for admission to NMIMS University and other reputed B-Schools in India. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies conducted NMAT until GMAC took over the authority. NMAT 2021 will be designed keeping the convenience of the test-takers in mind. Candidates get a choice of the exam date and venue preference during the exam window. NMAT shares some features with GMAT as candidates are allowed to choose the preferred date during the testing window as well as self-schedule the test, time and venue, appointment date based on the availability of seats at the preferred test centre.
The national level entrance exam, NMAT, is conducted once a year during the 88-day test window. NMAT by GMAC score is based on the performance of candidates in three sections, namely, Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning.
The other key aspects of the NMAT 2021 exam are:
- The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is likely to release exam details in August
- NMAT by GMAC is expected to be held between November to January
- Last year, NMAT was conducted in two phases in test centres as well as in an online proctored mode, the same might be followed for the upcoming session
- GMAC had revised the exam pattern of NMAT last year. The number of questions has been reduced from 120 to 108.
NMAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
The exam conducting authority has specified the following eligibility criteria for NMAT 2021. Candidates need to fulfil eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance test.
- Candidate must have completed graduation under 10+2+3 or four years of education pattern from any stream
- Secured not less than 50 per cent aggregate in the final year of graduation
- Candidates who are awaiting results or are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for NMAT 2021. Admission is granted on a provisional basis until the graduation mark sheet and certificate of the qualifying examination are submitted
Candidates need to also check the eligibility criteria of NMAT participating colleges individually before registering for the examination. Applicants need to select five institutes of their preference for admission while applying and those institutes may have different eligibility criteria for admission.
Top MBA Colleges Accepting NMAT Scores
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- VIT University
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Athena School of Management
- Alliance University
- IILM University, Gurugram
- School of Management, BML Munjal University
- ICFAI Business School (IBS)
- SRM University
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- T.A: Pai Management Institute
- Bennett University, Delhi
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- GITAM, Hyderabad Business School
- CMS Business School, Jain university
- LM Thapar School of Management
- ITM Business School, Mumbai
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- School of Inspired Leadership
- Ansal University
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
- Universal Business School
- ISBR Business School
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University
- Bombay Stock Exchange Institute (BSE Ltd.)
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)