What is UP-CET 2021?
Known earlier as UPSEE, UPCET is a gateway for candidates seeking admission to various professional courses offered at the undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) level at all affiliated institutes of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow, Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT), Gorakhpur and Harcourt Butler Technical University (HBTU), Kanpur. UPCET 2021 will not be valid for BTech and BArch admissions as it will be done on the basis of JEE Main and NATA scores respectively. MBA course admissions in institutes affiliated to AKTU will be done on the basis of CMAT scores.
Latest: UPCET 2021 application form is now available
UP-CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
General UP-CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no age limit
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying exam from any institution in UP or the parents should have the domicile of Uttar Pradesh.
- If the candidates have not passed the qualifying exam from an institution in UP, then they will be required to produce their parent’s domicile certificate.
- Candidates who do meet the domicile requirements will also be eligible to appear for the exam if they meet the other required criteria.
UPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for MCA (Integrated)
- Candidates should have qualified intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics/Statistics/Accountancy as compulsory subjects and one of the optional subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- Should have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
UPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for BPharm
- Should have passed (with/without grace) intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/Biology subject.
UPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for BHMCT/BFAD /BFA/B Voc/ BDes/MBA (Integrated)
- Candidates must have passed (with/without grace) the intermediate examination of the U.P. Board or the 10+2 level examination or its equivalent.
- Should have secured a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate.
UPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for MCA in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow
- Candidates should have passed BCA/ Bachelor degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree or passed BSc. /BCom/ BA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at graduation level.
- Should have scored a minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST).
UPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for BTech Lateral Entry
- Candidates who have passed (with/without grace) three years Engineering Diploma from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) OR whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh and he/she has passed three years Engineering Diploma with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering (except Agriculture Engg., Pharmacy and Architecture).
- Candidates who have passed (with/without grace) three years B.Sc. degree and passed XII standard with mathematics as one of the subjects from any recognized University; securing minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in aggregate. These candidates shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with the candidates belonging to the Diploma stream.
- Admission to the second year of B.Tech (Lateral entry) of HBTU would be governed by the eligibility criteria laid down by HBTU
UPCET 2021 Reservation Criteria
Through UPCET 2021, two types of reservations are given to candidates: vertical and horizontal. Candidates can check reservation of seats under both types below:
Vertical Reservation (Category)
Scheduled Caste (SC) from UP
Scheduled Tribe (ST) from UP
Other Backward Classes (OBC) from UP
UPCET 2021 Application Form
To participate in the entrance examination, the candidates will be required to fill the application form of UPCET 2021. Registrations have started at the official website. No other mode of application will be accepted by the authorities.
Step 1 – Registration: The candidates will have to visit the official website and enter their basic details such as name, mobile number, email address, gender and more.
Step 2 – Filling of Form: Personal, academic and communication details have to be entered by the candidates. The preferred course and test centre also has to be selected.
Step 3 – Uploading of Documents: The scanned photograph and signature of the candidates have to be uploaded. The scanned documents should be as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities.
Step 4 – Payment of Fee: Candidates will have to pay the required application fee in online mode i.e., net banking/credit card/debit card/UPI.
UPCET 2021 Result
AKTU will release the result of UPCET 2021 in online mode. The secured scores in the examination will be released through the UPCET 2021 result. Candidates will be able to check the result only in online mode. On the basis of the result, UPCET 2021 merit list will be prepared by the authorities. Candidates will be invited for the counselling session based on the merit list.
UPCET 2021 Counselling
All candidates who are listed in the merit list will be able to appear for UPCET 2021 counselling. NTA will conduct the counselling session in online mode. During the counselling session, candidates will be allotted seats in their respective courses and colleges on the basis of merit. UPCET scores will be taken into consideration during allotment. Selected candidates will have to submit their documents and pay the fee for confirmation of admission