What is WBJEE?
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state-level exam conducted by WBJEEB. The exam is a gateway for candidates seeking admission into B.Tech and B.Pharma courses at universities, government colleges and self-financing engineering & technical institutions in West Bengal.
Last year, a total of 73119 students appeared for the exam out of whom 72298 were ranked. Out of the 72000 students who were ranked, 55154 were male and 17144 were female students.
WBJEE 2021 eligibility criteria
WBJEEB has prescribed certain eligibility criteria for WBJEE aspirants. Candidates are required to comply with WBJEE 2021 eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the Joint Entrance Exam. Candidates failing to comply with the eligibility norms will not be allowed to appear for the exam. WBJEE eligibility criteria might vary for different courses and at the institute level.
Take a look at the WBJEE 2021 eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in WBJEE 2021
- The aspirant must be an Indian citizen
- A candidate must be at least 17 years of age (as on December 31, 2021) to appear for the exam or or should be born on or before December 31, 2004. This means an aspirant should have been born on or before December 31, 2004. There is no upper age limit for appearing in the WBJEE 2021.
- However, for admission to the Marine Engineering Course, the lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2021, and the upper age limit is 25 years as on December 31, 2021.
WBJEE 2021 Eligibility criteria for B.Tech admissions
- Aspirants should have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of listed below subjects as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects in regular class mode.
- Computer Science
- Computer Application
- Technical Vocational Subject
- Aspirants must have secured a minimum 45 per cent marks (40 per cent in case of candidates belonging to reserved category such as SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidates should have qualified English in Class 12 exam with at least 30 per cent marks.
- The Board of the Qualifying Examination must be recognised by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
Check the detailed WBJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria here!
WBJEE admission process 2021
The selection process of WBJEE 2021 will include the following steps:
STEP 1: Filling WBJEE 2021 application form online
- The very first step for candidates to appear for WBJEE 2021 is to fill the online WBJEE application form
- Candidates are required to register for the exam online on the official website of WBJEEB
STEP 2: Downloading WBJEE 2021 admit card
- WBJEEB the conducting body of WBJEE releases the exam admit card
- WBJEE admit card is a mandatory document that needs to be carried to WBJEE 2021 exam centre
- Candidates who do not carry WBJEE admit card issued by the agency will not be allowed to write the exam under any circumstances
STEP 3: Appearing for WBJEE 2021 exam
- Students need to appear for WBJEE 2021 exam as per the schedule mentioned in the important date’s section
- Aspirants are advised to reach the exam centre at least an hour before the commencement of the exam
STEP 4: Checking WBJEE 2021 results
- WBJEE 2021 results for the exam will be declared online
- Candidates will be able to check WBJEE 2021 exam results on the official website of WBJEEB
Step 5: Participating in WBJEE 2021 counselling
- Candidates who are able to meet the minimum admission cut off for WBJEE 2021 will have to participate in the WBJEE counselling process for document verification and seat allocation.
- Allocation of seats to candidates will be done basis the choice of college and courses entered by candidates at the time of filling and locking choices after the release of WBJEE results.
WBJEE 2021 exam day guidelines
Candidates appearing for the joint entrance exam must read the exam day instructions printed on the WBJEE admit card carefully to avoid any last-minute hassle. To stay away from chaos at the time of examination, take a look at the below guidelines:
What to carry?
WBJEE exam is conducted by WBJEEB in online (computer-based) mode. However, it is always advisable to carry a pen and paper for any extra or rough work. Candidates should also carry food and water with them to the exam centre. In addition to the things to be carried, there are certain things that are not allowed at WBJEE exam centres such as calculators, electronic watches, mobile phones, log tables etc.
Enlisted below are the documents to be carried at the WBJEE exam centre:
- WBJEE admit card: It is an essential document which is issued to candidates by WBJEEB. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the WBJEE test centre without a valid exam admit card.
- ID Proof: Along with the WBJEE 2021 admit card, candidates will also have to carry valid ID proof. Some of the valid ID proofs include:
- Voter ID
- Pan Card
- Adhaar Card
- Driving License